1. You must be a Florida resident and U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. You must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
4. No former police officer, an officer of law enforcement, an attorney, judge, bailiff, or person controlling prison inmates is allowed to become a bondsman.
5. You must not have a criminal background or be convicted of a felony.
6. Must complete a state-approved 120-hour introductory certification course.
7. Complete a one-year internship under the guidance of a licensed bail bond agent.
8. Finally must pass a final exam that the state Department of Financial Services administers.
9. Get a license from department of insurance of Florida.
These are the criteria & requirement to become a licensed bail bondsman in Florida.
If you are looking for licensed bail bonds in Volusia County, FL, look no further than Daytona Bail Bonds.