Please wait ...
20th Annual Shining Stars Luncheon Honors DFW's Community Leaders Friday 9.23
North Richland Hills BubbleLife
North Richland Hills iReporter
The Colony BubbleLife
The Colony iReporter
Trophy Club BubbleLife
Trophy Club iReporter
Never miss a post!
Add this contributor to your custom news feed.
With a vision of access to the arts for all, our mission is to provide artistic, cultural, and educational opportunities to improve the quality of life in our communities. Founded in 1975 as the Trinity Arts Foundation, Arts Council Northeast evolved from the Trinity Arts Guild. Arts Council Northeast formally received its nonprofit status in 1978, and was recognized by the Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA) in 1997 as the official arts council of Northeast Tarrant County. With the addition of the City of Saginaw in 2004, we are now recognized by the TCA as the arts council representing north Tarrant County and southern Denton County. Arts Council Northeast serves sixteen cities: Bedford, Colleyville, Euless, Grapevine, Haltom City, Haslet, Hurst, Keller, North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Roanoke, Saginaw, Southlake, Trophy Club, Watauga, and Westlake. In addition it serves the seven school districts: Birdville, Carroll, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw, Grapevine-Colleyville, Hurst-Euless-Bedford, Keller, and Northwest as well as private schools and home schools.
• Granting to individuals, arts organizations, non-profits, libraries, cities and schools located in North Tarrant and southern Denton Counties (over $830,000 since 1997, with a match of over $1.6 million)
• Summer Arts College – three one-week sessions located throughout North Tarrant County for students ages 6-16 exposes children to a variety of different arts disciplines through hands on experience. Each session is different. We also provide scholarships for children unable to afford the tuition (approximately 25% of attendees) s well as providing sessions at other nonprofits including GRACE (Grapevine Relief and Community Exchange) and Community Storehouse in Keller.
• MasterWorks Concert Series - free concerts, open to the public, in eight cities (Bedford, Euless, Hurst, Keller, Roanoke, Southlake, Watauga and Westlake)
• Classes, workshops & meetings – visual art, dance, pottery, faux painting and writers group and photography group held at the Arts Council Northeast building
• Art on Wheels – art classes provided to people who would otherwise have limited or no access, such as senior citizens.
• Taste of Northeast and Triple Crown Affair at Lone Star Park to raise matching funds for grants and to raise money for Summer Arts College scholarships as well as operating funds
• The Shining Stars Luncheon to honor community volunteers at various not for profit organizations (Summer Santa, Community Enrichment Center, etc.)
This BubbleLife contributor has been recognized
times by other community members.
Arts Council Northeast